The creation of the Oﬃce of the International Linkages of Mindanao State University – Tawi-Tawi of Technology and Oceanography was brought about by the philosophy of linkages and networking with organizations, and with international universities outside of the Philippines. It is commonly said that one can not live for himself or herself alone. People lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic ﬁbers, their actions run as causes and return to them as results. In other words, no one lives in isolation and is being isolated in any part of the globe, that is why this oﬃce was created during the time of a very energetic, dynamic Chancellor Mary Joyce Z. Guinto-Sali, PhD, through the approved proposal BOR Resolution 71, Series of 2018, of Zayda B. Halun, PhD. It was inaugurated last August 17, 2018.
Through this, the MSU-TCTO can enjoy linkages and networking activities with international, national, and local organizations in the community for mutual beneﬁt and assistance needed.
Linkages, the synonym of interconnections, with institutions functioning along the same mission which are intended to serve members of both sides. For example, both universities according to their respective needs, interest and objectives. They create bond together to solicit support and assistance for purposeful
activities which could be facilitated easier, faster, and better, considering the doubling energy and resources.
The oﬃce mandate is to promote the trust of MSU-TCTO regarding ﬁshery programs primarily, and other academic programs of its different colleges, locally, nationally, and internationally. Moreover, it emphasizes on research collaboration with partner universities.
Its director is duty bound to promote, coordinate, link with other prestigious universities local, national, and international level, regarding its program of activities, and initiate MOU and MOA with partner universities for collaborations.
The oﬃce is enabled through the following:
Recognition of MSU-TCTO as a higher education institution promoting international cooperation in teaching, research, innovation, extension and other ﬁelds of mutual interest.
To internationalize the MSU-TCTO educational experience and produce graduates with multicultural and international perspective.
1. Foster international reputation and raise the proﬁle of MSU-TCTO;
2. Create opportunities for effective and beneﬁcial international engagement for faculty, students and staff;
3. Develop strategic networking and partnership initiatives aligns with academic institutional priorities and strategic research areas.
- Well-developed internationalization and collaboration framework
- Policies and programs that promote cross-cultural and global understanding
- Establish strong cross border mobility programs and internationalization of higher education
- Academic and scholarly international exchanges and partnerships for students, faculty and staff
- Improved institutional capacity through expansion of collaborations and consortia
Types of Linkages:
- Student Exchange Agreement
- Faculty Exchange Agreement
- Research and Development Collaboration Agreement
- Partnership Conference Agreement
- Information Exchange Agreement
- Study and Cultural Tour Programs
- Study Abroad/Internship Programs
- Technical Assistance Programs
As part of the activities of the OIL is its council which is composed of each of the college Dean’s coordinator to OIL. The designated faculty members as international coordinators in SO no. 525 OC, Series of 2018 are Prof. Ainulyakin Imlani, College of Fisheries; Prof. Marlon B. Lopez, College of Arts and Sciences; Mr. Aldrin B. Akmad, CAS-Science High School; Prof. Charmaine Z. Puig, College of Education; Ms. Rehina U. Sala, MSU Preparatory High School; Mr. Manuel C. Malinao, MSU-CDC-LES; Mr. Ahmad B. Jalhani, College of Islamic and Arabic Studies; Prof. Araniza M. Diansuy, Institute of Oceanography and Environmental Science; Mr. Romeo L. Pañares, Institute of Information and Communication Technology; and Dr. Bernadita A. Alegado, Graduate School.